I’m noticing that the price of mangos in local stores are going down. This means it’s mango season!
To freeze this delicious fruit, choose a method found at this link: How to Freeze Mango from The National Center for Home Food Preservation.
A recipe? Sure! Below is one of my favorite mango treats. Although this recipe is not especially sweet—I prefer to sweeten mine with stevia or lots of honey—it’s a great beverage on hot summer days, or on any day, especially after breaking one’s fast.
Mango Aqua Fresco
Recipe Source: Whole Foods
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey, more or less to taste
- Lime wedge and mint leaves for garnish
- Blend mango and water until smooth in a blender.
- Strain into glasses (I don’t strain mine though).
- Stir in lime and sweetener.
- Add ice.
- Decorate with lime and mint.