Pass your favorite beauty tips on to your daughters and granddaughters. But keep the details of your wonderful-looking skin a mystery to your husband. If he asks what you do to your cute little face, just say you like oatmeal.
Wash your hands before touching your face!
1/2 C. Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (do not use the instant kind)
Milk or Cream
How to Make
- Grind oats to a powder in a food processor or blender. You can achieve the same end results with more work if using a mortar and pestle.
- You will not need all of the oat powder for this recipe. So store what you don’t use in an airtight container. Label the container. Store in a cool dry place.
How to Apply
- Measure out 1 to 2 tablespoons oat powder into a small bowl.
- Mix in just enough cream or milk to make a paste.
- Rub oat paste into skin until skin is clean. Use small circular motions with the fingertips.
- Wipe away excess oat paste with a damp face towel.
- Splash skin clear with tepid water.
- Towel blot the skin til dry.
At this point, you can either moisturize your skin or apply a nourishing mask.