May has arrived alHamdulillah. Here are some tasks that need to be performed in the garden:
- Weeds are easier to manage while they are small.
- It is safe to plant tomatoes, squash, melons, peppers and eggplant when soil temperatures are consistently above 70°F.
- Promote natural enemies that eat or kill bugs as a natural solution for insect control.
- Monitor for aphids, bugs, worms, and other infestations.
- Get in touch with your local Cooperative Extension office for plant problems that you are not familiar with.
Local April Gardening Calendars
Use the Cooperative Extension System Offices interactive map to find the horticulture website of your local Extension Office.
Once on the site, use the search term “monthly garden calendar” to find the gardening needs for your area.