Hope the family enjoys our new hand-made felt coasters! We really needed them too!
They were very simple to make. The hardest part was creating the pattern. I made it based on an Arabic geometric shape that I saw in a library book I currently have (here). Once the pattern was done, the rest was easy.
Here are the steps I took:
- Create paper pattern.
- Fold a sheet of felt in half.
- Place pattern on top of felt (to cut out 2 pieces) & pin down.
- Cut out.
- Keeping pieces stacked, pin along the inner spaces away from edges.
- Sew the edges together using a plain stitch; can also hand sew.
- Remove pins.
- Sew decorative stitching using the sewing machine.
- Trim edges as needed.
I plan to make more in larger sizes and in different shapes insha’Allah.