Dear Lemon Drops,
It seems like we’re charging through Jan 2013 like a freight train! Get a hold of your garden chores before they get away from you. Here’s a small sampling of what to do.
- Tune up garden and lawn equipment
- Have soil tests done
- Plan an herb garden; choose a sunny spot
- Plan perennial flower garden
- Incorporate organic matter into soil
- Monitor houseplants and dust and clean leaves
- Plant windowsill container gardens of carrots, lettuce, or parsley
- Pasteurize soil for starting seedlings in pots or flats, or use clean, sterile commercial mixes
To find the gardening calendar for your locale, go to the Cooperative Extension System’s interactive map.
Select your state and county.
Then, use the search term “monthly garden calendar” to find information for this month’s gardening chores.
Print what you need from the site to add to your other Garden Notebook Printables.