Dear Misses Hibiscus,
One way to bring it to a pleasant close is to have an end-of-daylight routine.
Our Maghrib Evening Routine starts right at or sometimes just before the computer’s Maghrib adhaan. Here is what we do:
- close any open doors after bringing children indoors 
- close window blinds
- draw curtains close
- turn on lamps
- turn down the bed
It doesn’t take long—the job is usually finished by the time the adhaan is completed. We can now approach salaah and the evening with peace of mind.
Soft, gentle lighting, along with having the bed turned down creates a relaxing, warm, and inviting atmosphere. It encourages sleep which is especially great for children. A child’s favorite sleep-toy on the pillow visually helps children shift gears towards restfulness.
Create a Maghrib evening routine for your family. Consider the message you want to send. Spend time thinking about your family’s needs. Also, what types of things you can do in 1 or 2 minutes that will make your life easier, more pleasant?
 Concerning the hadith of the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم at the time of Maghrib: “When night falls, then keep your children close to you, for the devil spreads out then. An hour later you can let them free; Reported by Muslim in Kitaab al-Ashribah Vol. 3 (#2012)
The meaning of the hadith, as the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said, the Shayateen, at this time, spread out, they come out. So the child should not be left to go out at this time by himself.
As for closing the door, then the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم, he ordered that you close your doors and you say the name of Allaah سبحانه و تعالى upon it because as in a hadith, the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said: “Shut the doors making mention of Allaah’s Name, for the Satan does not open a closed door” Answered by: Shaykh ‘Abdul-Maalik Ramadaani al-Jazaairi http://www.albaseerah.org/forum/
How to Turn Down a Bed
For Double Occupant Bed
1. Remove all pillows including sleeping pillows from the bed; stack them neatly on nearby chair or bench.
2. Fold the bedspread down neatly into a double or triple feather fold across to the bottom of the bed. Smooth out any lumps as you work.
3a. Starting on the right-hand side of the bed, grasp the upper outer corner of the top sheet and blanket, pull corners down about half-way toward the end of the bed while leaving the top middle of the sheet unfolded.
3b. Repeat on the other side of the bed to create a triangle.
4. Tuck the fitted sheet in tightly if it came loose; it usually does.
5. Fold the tip of the pulled-down top sheet/blanket under itself; Tuck any loose edges under the mattress. Smooth and neaten bed linens.
6. Place the sleeping pillows back at the head of the bed. Leave decorative pillows on the chair.
For Single Occupant Bed
Repeat all of the steps except for 3b.